- Enhanced advocacy skills [two days] - Belfast
- 21 March 2017 - 22 February 2017 10.00 - 16.00
- Law Centre (NI) Training Room, Belfast - Belfast
- Training Belfast
This skills course aims to make advocates/advisers more confident when presenting and to ensure that cases are presented effectively and persuasively. The case study used is a social security appeal.
There will be an opportunity to practice dealing with unexpected interventions of unforeseen legal arguments. Video review will be carried out on a one to one basis to help you become more aware of performance. The course takes place in a welcoming and supportive environment.
The tutor is Fionna Donnelly, a solicitor who teaches advocacy at the Institute of Professional Legal Studies and advanced advocacy through the Law Society.
The course is linked to Legal Advice National Occupational Standard DA4 – Represent clients in Formal Proceedings.
It will count as 10 hours towards CAB, Law Society and Bar Council Continuing Professional Development
Members voluntary £140.00
Non members voluntary £220.00
Members statutory/private £220.00
Non members statutory/private £350.00
Online application forms can be found on our website:
If you require a paper application form email:
or telephone 028 90244401
Closing Date 13 March 2017
Tea and coffee will be provided.
THIS VENUE HAS DISABLED ACCESS
Please circulate this information to interested colleagues within your organisation.
- Law Centre (NI) Training Room, Belfast
- 124 Donegall Street
- BT1 2GY
This venue has disabled access.
- 21 February 2017 Law Centre (NI) Independent Advice, Support and Mediation Service (Community Care)
- 10 March 2017 - 13 March 2017 Introduction to employment law - 2 days - Belfast
- 21 March 2017 - 22 February 2017 Enhanced advocacy skills [two days] - Belfast