- Mitigation Schemes under Welfare Reform - free 1/2 day specialist training - Belfast
- 29 March 2017 13.30 - 16.00
- Law Centre (NI) Training Room, Belfast - Belfast
- Training Belfast
Welfare reform in Northern Ireland has focused on how any changes can be tailored to better suit the needs of local people. They have included various possible mitigations consisting of protection for specific groups or discretionary payment schemes.
This course will take a detailed look at:
- Supplementary payments for carers
- Mitigations to reduce the impact of the 365 day time limit for contribution-based ESA
- Various proposals to protect those moving from DLA entitlement to PIP
- The impact on disability premiums and entitlement to the Motability scheme
- How the bedroom tax will operate in Northern Ireland
- Abolition of the Discretionary Social Fund and what is it being replaced with
- How benefit sanctions will operate in Northern Ireland
- What is missing from the proposed mitigation schemes and is there scope to do more?
Who should attend?
This course is designed for those who give advice on benefits in the voluntary sector and want to understand how welfare reform would impact on claimants in Northern Ireland.
This course is linked to Legal Advice National Occupational Standard IB19 - Welfare Rights Legal Advice.
It will count as 3 hours towards CAB, Law Society and Bar Council Continuing Professional Development
TUTOR: Eamon Doherty
FEES: Free to all Law Centre members
Tea and coffee will be provided.
Closing Date for applications 27 March 2017
Online application forms can be found on our website
If you require a paper application form email:
or telephone 028 90244401.
Please circulate this information to interested colleagues within your organisation.
- Law Centre (NI) Training Room, Belfast
- 124 Donegall Street
- BT1 2GY
This venue has disabled access.
- 28 March 2017 Understanding Universal Credit - 1 day - Belfast
- 29 March 2017 Welfare reform overview - free 1/2 day specialist training - Belfast
- 29 March 2017 Mitigation Schemes under Welfare Reform - free 1/2 day specialist training - Belfast
- 30 March 2017 Welfare reform overview - free evening specialist training - Belfast
- 31 March 2017 Changes to the Social Fund - free 1/2 day training - Belfast