- Changes to the Social Fund - free 1/2 day training - Belfast
- 31 March 2017 13.30 - 16.00
- Law Centre (NI) Training Room, Belfast - Belfast
- Training Belfast
If you receive certain benefits and have to meet the costs of unexpected or one-off expenses, a payment, loan or grant from the Social Fund may help you pay for what you need.
From 28 November 2016 Community Care Grants and Crisis Loans were be replaced by a new Discretionary Support Service. This session will help explain these changes.
Who should attend?
This course is relevant to all advisers and people with an interest in welfare benefits
This course is linked to Legal Advice National Occupational Standard IB19 - Welfare Rights Legal Advice.
It will count as 3 hours towards CAB, Law Society and Bar Council Continuing Professional Development
Tutor: Eamon Doherty
Fees: Free to all Law Centre Members. Tea and coffee provided.
Closing Date 30 March 2017
Online application forms can be found on our website
If you require a paper application form email:
or telephone 028 90244401
Please circulate this information to interested colleagues within your organisation.
- Law Centre (NI) Training Room, Belfast
- 124 Donegall Street
- BT1 2GY
This venue has disabled access.
- 28 March 2017 Understanding Universal Credit - 1 day - Belfast
- 29 March 2017 Welfare reform overview - free 1/2 day specialist training - Belfast
- 29 March 2017 Mitigation Schemes under Welfare Reform - free 1/2 day specialist training - Belfast
- 30 March 2017 Welfare reform overview - free evening specialist training - Belfast
- 31 March 2017 Changes to the Social Fund - free 1/2 day training - Belfast