The Rights in Community Care Group
Convened by the Law Centre, the Rights in Community Care Group (RICC) is a collective of organisations with a shared interest in promoting an equality and human rights based approach to the delivery of community care services and support in Northern Ireland.
RICC advocates the provision of good quality community care and support services that emphasise; voice, choice and control for all.
RICC promotes equality and the rights of both those receiving care and those who deliver the services.
RICC provides a platform for information dissemination, sharing expertise and discussion.
Since 2011, RICC have hosted a series of seminars on topics such as:
- Facing the Funding Challenges;
- Building the Community care Workforce;
- The Northern Ireland Single assessment Tool, Care and Caring, Equality and Human Rights: Translating Equality and Human Rights into care and service delivery;
- Personalisation, Rights and Excellence in Care;
- Involving the Experts: Making the Most of Service User and Carer Participation.
The seminar series offers an informal opportunity to explore critical issues affecting the provision of social care in Northern Ireland against the backdrop of Transforming Your Care. The seminars feature speakers from both the statutory and non-statutory sectors and conclude with a panel discussion, chaired by the hosting organization.
RICC Coordinating Member Organisations