Advancing tribunal reform
Law Centre (NI), the Appeals Service and University of Ulster School of Law held a conference on tribunal reform on 23 June at the Bar Library, Belfast.
The topics for discussed were:
- Moving tribunal reform forward: with the Lord Chief Justice for Northern Ireland Sir Declan Morgan
- Tribunal decision making – impact of oral hearings and consistency of outcomes: with Hazel Genn, Professor of Socio-Legal Studies at University College London
- The work of tribunals – the views of users and other stakeholders: with Gráinne McKeever of the University of Ulster School of Law
- Oversight and accountability: with Richard Thomas, Administrative Justice and Tribunals Council Chairperson
- A road map for tribunal reform: with Brian Thompson, Law School, University of Liverpool
A major new publication on tribunal reform: Redressing Users' Disadvantage was launched at the conference, and more details on it can be found here.