DSD seeks Joint Standards Committee Member
Department for Social Development
Joint Standards Committee Member
The Joint Standards Committee of the Northern Ireland Social Security Agency and the Northern Ireland Child Support Agency was set up in December 1999. The latter has been succeeded by Child Maintenance and Enforcement Division. The Committee is a non executive body with an independent chairperson responsible for providing the Chief Executive of the Agency and Head of Division of Child Maintenance and Enforcement Division with assurance on the standards of decision making. The Agency and Division wish to appoint an independent member and are now seeking applications.
Applicants must have:
• a general knowledge of the business of both the Social Security Agency and the Child Maintenance and Enforcement Division and the corresponding legislation;
• an awareness of public opinion on social security and child support matters;
• experience of working with the voluntary sector, community groups, trade unions or other groups which regularly represent customers in their dealings with the Social Security Agency and the Child Maintenance and Enforcement Division;
• an ability to work as part of a team;
• an ability to put forward views and opinions clearly and concisely.
The appointment is for an initial period of 4 years, renewable by agreement. It is expected that the member will commit approximately eight days a year. Salary will be £2,040 per annum subject to annual review. Successful applicants may be required to travel within Northern Ireland.
Application forms including alternative application formats and further information about the post may be obtained from Standards Assurance Unit, 1st Floor, 43-45 Falls Road, Belfast BT12 4PD
Telephone: (028) 90138123 or (028) 90138128
Completed applications must be returned by 2pm on 8 February 2013
The Department for Social Development is committed to the principles of public appointment based on merit, with independent assessment, openness and transparency of process. The Department is committed to providing equality of opportunity and welcomes applications regardless of gender, age, marital status, disability, religion, ethnic origin, political opinion, sexual orientation or whether or not you have dependants.
www.dsdni.gov.uk Investor in People.